• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

where can i go to catch an octopus in florida

frobro1018

Cuttlefish
Registered
hey

i had an octopus for a while put it passed about a month ago.
i could just go out and buy one oone but i think id live the thrill of finding and catching one. if anyone has any ideas where i could catch one please reply.

thanks,
franko :bugout: :mrgreen:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Also check the local regulations and find out if you're ALLOWED to catch one! I believe in some states it's forbidden????

J

tjohnson

Wonderpus
Registered
I would image you would be best off to find a rocky beach, swim, or dive out to a depth of 10-30 feet, and place large 4'dia. pvc pipes with a cap on 1 end and a has half of a cap on the other end, then check the pipes daily till u have an inhabitor.