• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

what to offer to baby cuttle

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
hi everyone,
today I went down to my LFS to get 3 cuttle eggs and was thinking wat should I feed will the hatch so any suggetion currently I am told that brine shrimp will do.
Thx :biggrin2:

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Brine shrimp isn't that good a food source for cephs and problems have been known to occur when babies are raised on brine shrimp. Frozen enriched mysis would be better and if you could get amphipods they'll be quite content.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
or tiny little crabs... can you collect them yourself?

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
we can't really collect tiny crabs (I know this is not good) but we do have frozen mysis and I have amphipods in my refugium so finding the food shouldn't be a problem it is getting them to eat the problem but they have not hatch yet so lets wait until they hatch and will keep all of you updated!
Thx for the suggestions!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
How about some pics??? I am curious to see this all developing !!!
cuttle-less in arizona

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
here are the pics!!!

Attachments

• conv_287890.jpg
    conv_287890.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 110

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Cool! Do you know how far developed they are? Keep on posting up images...nice to be in on the action!
greg

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
If I am not wrong they have started developing for about 30 days or so and will certainly post more images when there are more changes with the eggs!!! and will need some advice once the eggs hatch.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
how much does it cost you for the eggs.... and how much is postage from singapore to the UK? :smile:

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
the eggs only cost SGD$5 for 3 and as for the shipping I can't really comfirm but I think we have to apply a certificate with the AVA of singapore first

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acorn kid

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak