what do you have and how much do you have in your ceph set up

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
228
ill start

I have a

Bimac Octopus
240 Gallon Glass Tank with two overflows - $500
Sedra pump for my protein skimmer - $115
Emperor 400 filter - $50
Live rock is from older tanks, but it was $150
Live sand - $40 plus 6 bags of regular play sand - $10

so about 865 bucks

i dont think thats bad for that big of a tank

though I still have to buy plumbing suppliess

oh i forgot the $140 for my mag 36 pump
 

Mr. Krabs

Blue Ring
Registered
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
45
Okay.
30 tank - 50
400 Emperor filter - 50
Fluval 204 - 60
Skimmer - 70
Rock - 150
Sand - 50
Stand - 150

$480 for 30 gall setup

(Difficult to pay for when you're 16yrs old!!!)
 

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
228
yeah i know what your talkign about , im 20 , anyways ,

how is your octopus doign , how old is he again mr. krabs.

ive had mine now for about 2.5 weeks
 

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
413
Mr. Krabs said:
Okay.
30 tank - 50
400 Emperor filter - 50
Fluval 204 - 60
Skimmer - 70
Rock - 150
Sand - 50
Stand - 150

$480 for 30 gall setup

(Difficult to pay for when you're 16yrs old!!!)

Yeah i hear ya...im 12 and its taken me a loooong time to get everything :frown:
 
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
58
i have a 150 galon used tank with stand $400
eheim wet/dry filter $280
eheim canister filter $100
i forget what lights i have exactly but i got the mnew and i spent $425
then i have $160 in sand/chrushed puca shells
some piecec of dead coral $250
and i stillhave ot get about $500 in live rock and glass cuz for the top so that will pry be about $100

i have $1600-1800 in it now and i still need to put another $600-700 worth of live rock and minor stuff

but my set up is a nice setup and pretty much will take care of its self after the first 6 months
 

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Joined
Nov 19, 2002
Messages
4,671
Hmmmmm.

SQUIDCAM has NZ$4,785 equipment alone (excluding the camera). Current NZ/US$ conversion rates, that's US$3346.

600 litre acrylic cylinder - $1599
EHEIM 2217, 1000 litre/hr - $345
ELITE 802 airpump - $33
Aqua Medic Midiflotor protein skimmer - $323
Submersible pond pump (forget details) - $150 (sump to chiller)
Misc EHEIM tubes (pump to tank, tank to sump) - $60
Chiller (can't find brand details anywhere) - $2250
Misc stones and airlines - $5
Sump (old barrel) - $20

All the pumps, skimmers etc. are in the sump. EHEIM from sump to tank; overflow from tank to sump. Pump in sump to chiller, return to sump.

I've got 3 of these setups (and a ton of other glass tanks - seldom use them), but only one chiller; I desperately need additional chillers, but at that price .... :roll: . The chiller is magnificent, but I do remember buying it, opening the box and there wasn't any information - no manual, no nothing - and there's nothing on the unit itself. Bizarre. Took me quite a while to figure it out (and that I had to buy a pump to operate it - that wasn't apparent earlier), but I wouldn't be without one now; I dread it dying as it's been operating constantly for 2 years without a hiccup!!
 
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
2,580
You siad it

ant said:
Yeah i hear ya...im 12 and its taken me a loooong time to get everything :frown:

You said it, I'm 14 and and I don't have that much cash, I have a Palpal program that will go to buying equipment for a buy and release program, I buy fresh sea creatures that are in good shape and release them, the injured ones will be hospitalied in my fish bowl,um tank... I have raised 50$ so far...I need at least 10000 HK cash to get a small 30gal. tank 8 HKD = 1 USD. So, I have 400 now... and 9600 or more to go (if the USD, HKD doesn't change)
 
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
2,580
Steve O'Shea said:
Hmmmmm.

SQUIDCAM has NZ$4,785 equipment alone (excluding the camera). Current NZ/US$ conversion rates, that's US$3346.

600 litre acrylic cylinder - $1599
EHEIM 2217, 1000 litre/hr - $345
ELITE 802 airpump - $33
Aqua Medic Midiflotor protein skimmer - $323
Submersible pond pump (forget details) - $150 (sump to chiller)
Misc EHEIM tubes (pump to tank, tank to sump) - $60
Chiller (can't find brand details anywhere) - $2250
Misc stones and airlines - $5
Sump (old barrel) - $20

All the pumps, skimmers etc. are in the sump. EHEIM from sump to tank; overflow from tank to sump. Pump in sump to chiller, return to sump.

I've got 3 of these setups (and a ton of other glass tanks - seldom use them), but only one chiller; I desperately need additional chillers, but at that price .... :roll: . The chiller is magnificent, but I do remember buying it, opening the box and there wasn't any information - no manual, no nothing - and there's nothing on the unit itself. Bizarre. Took me quite a while to figure it out (and that I had to buy a pump to operate it - that wasn't apparent earlier), but I wouldn't be without one now; I dread it dying as it's been operating constantly for 2 years without a hiccup!!

Help here...I could donate my 50 USD to you...but I'll have to ask the person who donated to me for permission since this is for another worthy cause... ( PLease see Pay me money noe poeple thread in the Octo's den fourm for some info)
 

Latest Posts


Top