• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

tom caribbean has an octopus for sale

That was quick! It's already sold. Did someone from here buy the little briareus?

Tom emailed me that he thinks he will be getting more in.

Nancy

I bought the baby briareus, he got here on the 16th. I still however, cannot get the little guy to eat and it is now the 20th. He has two chromis, one damsel and an assortment of crabs. Need for concern or not yet?

Damsels can be territorial and aggressive, they might be scaring or annoying the little octopus. You might want to remove the fish or separate the octopus.

Have you tried shrimp? You could either try live shore shrimp or fresh or frozen uncooked shrimp from the fish market.

Earlier this evening I talked with Jay and I believe the little briareus is so small (1/2 inch mantle) that it's probably eating amphipods, which are plentiful in his tank. He's provided plenty of food in the form of small crabs and snails, too. His water parameters are fine, so that's not a problem.

I also made the same suggestion that Cuttlegirl makes - that he remove the fish, which is possible for him to do.

So, let's hope all is well.

Nancy

I was just watching him cruise around the tank and suck on crab shells, he was also putting his legs into a ball of chaetamorph ( I dont think thats spelled right) to get out amphipods. I think he just needed to get used to his new home.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back