• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

to small

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
depends what size your tank/wallet is?

Personally i dont think fish that can attain a reasonable size should be freely offered for sale.

define 'reasonable'?

Well, you'd need to examine every species' ultimate size and guess what size of tank it needed?

What I think is unreasonable?

Sharks, all species including Chiloscyllium, large Pangassius species, large Pimelodella, Sepia officinalis (gasp) LOL etc etc

can you be more specific clown? I have seen home aquariums at 20 odd foot long!

Cheers
Colin

What would you say if someone were to keep a shark in a shark pond. (Wich people actualy do.) the ponds get about 30 feet by 30 feet. Im not saying that I would. I just want to see if people think large fish should be kept at home.

Latest Forum Posts