• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

This is the setup I want to buy. Any last suggestions?

Jakxx

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Ok, so I've been looking for a suitable tank for some time now and recently stumbled over one that definately drew my attention, so before I probably go and buy the thing I'd like to hear any last suggestions.

This is the tank (103gal):
http://www.aqua-medic.de/eng/produkte/komplett/xenia.htm

And here are the specs of the filtration system:
http://www.aqua-medic.de/eng/produkte/filtersysteme/marin500.htm
The filter is suitable for tanks up to 133 gallons, so I have a small buffer.

I know that AquaMedic produces high quality filtration systems so I don't need to worry about quality.

What do some of the octo keepers say to this? A suitable ceph home?

The real funny thing (and my main reason to buy it) is the price. Maybe this is a mistake by the shop where I saw it, but if not, than its a helluva good deal I think.

The filter system alone costs 522euros (645$)
While the whole aquarium system (tank plus filter plus wooden top) costs 599euros (739$) So about 95$ for the tank itself. Thats pretty cheap for a 103gal one if you ask me.
I've never seen similar setups that are sold for less than at least 1800$

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Sounds impressive to me (but I'm not a hobbyist)... did you go ahead and buy it?