• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

So here's what happened...

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Ok... I just got back to my room, which is across the street from the Crown & Anchor, which is where we went after the event.

Can't post all about it now, but I will say that it was A W E S O M E.

The convention itself was fascinating -- the content was incredible. Videos, information, pictures, Big Red, stickers.... All the presenters pretty much knocked everyone's socks off.

The convention hall was pretty much ideal, I'd say. The air was a bit stuffy in the afternoon, but whatever. Not a big deal. The layout and facilities were great.

I videotaped a bunch of stuff, but not everything due to copyright concerns. I should have some great video and pictures to post, as should others. Give me a couple/few days.

Oh, and toward the end of the convention, something awful happened. It was terrible. It was just awful. So terrible and heartless. Why?

Then, the Crown and Anchor. What a crowd. It was really a great experience meeting these people. Tomorrow, Dr. Gilly invited us to visit his lab, believe it or not. So the events aren't over yet!

Erich Orser and Melissa are incredible people for doing all they did on this. Too many thank-yous to dole out right now, though. Plenty of thank-yous are due.

To everyone reading this who couldn't be there -- you were missed!!!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Jared, A rabid squid, monty, cthulhu77, erich orser, melissa, righty, wm gilly, fujisawi sake, rona, cephkid, chrono war, pipsquek, kimberly haas, shepmoon, squidman, purple tentacle.... were all among the TONMO.com community members on hand. Who am I missing?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Thanks for the first report, Tony! Glad it went so well.

Wish you had time to say more and can't wait until you post some of the photos and videos.

Nancy

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
I'm glad you all had a great time. Cthulhu came too? I hope you got his autograph; that's quite rare, it'll go for a wad on e-Bay!

Look forward to the pics.

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
I'm glad everything's going well... Someone better send me a free shirt :heee:

Oh, and toward the end of the convention, something awful happened. It was terrible. It was just awful. So terrible and heartless. Why?
Eh? What's this about?

Jared

Cuttlefish
Registered
It was great to meet you all. I wish I could have stuck around for diner but I had to get back up to Santa Cruz. Thanks for an informative and all around swell time.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
joel,

Thats about the Prom King showing up!

Mighty Cthulhu will be displeased with you! May you be the last of his followers to be eaten!

:biggrin2:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak