• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Set up feedback

SecretCXMan

Hatchling
Registered
I'm new to keeping an octopus and would like any constructive feedback on my set up that I can get from those with experience.

Here's the set up:
75 gallon glass tank with lid​
About 80 lbs of rock​

Attachments

• IMG_4907.jpg
    IMG_4907.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
I'm new to keeping an octopus and would like any constructive feedback on my set up that I can get from those with experience.

Here's the set up:
75 gallon glass tank with lid​
About 80 lbs of rock​
How long would the battery back up run on the return pump? I think that is a great idea in the event of a power outage

Just make sure your octopus won’t be able to escape. They are strong, smart, bored, curious, and fit through gaps only a little larger than their beaks. They pull hard on tubes, push hard against tops, and will go for a walk behind your couch or get into your overflow box if they can. Think everything through and secure everything

curious, @SecretCXMan -- how is your tank doing, and what are your plans for obtaining an octopus? Let us know / start a journal when you engage!
My tank has done very well. I successfully kept a Caribbean Reef Octopus from very nearly a hatchilng until she laid eggs and brooded last year, and kept an older Caribbean Reef Octopus the year before. I've had great luck with KP Aquatics for obtaining Octopodes and other saltwater fauna, and they have been stellar in customer service as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back