• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

[Featured]: Science Writer Looking to Interview Octopus Caretakers

ferrisjabr

Hatchling
Registered
Hi Everyone,

I hope you'll forgive the intrusion. I have a request that I think would be of interest to your community. I am a contributing writer for The New York Times Magazine and Scientific American, as well as a freelance writer for various publications. I am currently working on an article for Hakai Magazine about the social lives of octopuses. As part of my reporting, I am interviewing people who have formed relationships or interacted with captive and wild octopuses and I would love the opportunity to speak with some of you about your experiences. I am particularly interested in whether you consider octopuses to be social and any anecdotes that demonstrate their various social behaviors. If you are willing to speak with me, please reply to me here or email me directly at [email protected] I'm happy to answer any questions or provide further details before we proceed with an official interview. You can explore my work here: Ferris Jabr Thanks so much for your time and help!

-Ferris Jabr
[email protected]

Congrats on your article, @ferrisjabr - great stuff, and glad TONMO could help!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back