• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

RIP Dottie

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Very sad day :sad: :sad: Today of all days, I get a phone call from my daughter, Dottie has passed away :sad: I am totally dumb founded
:confused: Params are perfect...... I am at a complete loss...... Heart broken, confused, my day is totally shot, I am so sad, coming home on Valentines Day and to loose the one thing I most want, has passed away is crushing, What went wrong??? What happened??? Everything was great!!!!!!! Tank is still fine!!! I had the water tested at the LFS!!!! I am devestated............

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about Dottie. :sad: :angelpus:

I know how much you liked her.

The only thing I can think of is the food. Mabye she wasn't getting all the nutrition she needed. We have had several other recent mysterious baby bimac deaths, and I wonder if this is the case for all.

I will be looking into the food issue - Dottie refused to take frozen shrimp and other food that would be best for her and I don't understand why.

On the other hand, maybe some of the little ones just aren't as strong as others.

My sympathies,

Nancy

Barnstorm

Blue Ring
Registered
Very sorry. From my experience with baby fish I know that sometimes all can be right in the environment but a percent still pass away.

I think you should try again.

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
:sad: I'm very sorry to hear about Dottie too. Thinking of you.

rcl

O. vulgaris
Registered
I am sorry to hear about the losses! I recently lost OCTOROK due to mysterious circumstances so I know how it feels. You did your best to give Dottie a good life and that is all that you can do! What matters is appreciating the time you do have and doing your best to prolong it.

:arr:

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Condolences to all of you who have recently lost your octos.

Dawnchihuahua, the last we heard you were expecting a surprise octo for Valentine's day. Did the little bimac die in shipping?

I'm hoping for better news in the future.

Nancy

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Nancy,

let us know what you find out from octopets. I was hoping to make an order in the next few weeks but now I'm quite worried.

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak