• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

pygmy octo

arcprolife

Hatchling
Registered
My LFS has a pygmy octo about the size of a nickel. They have him in a critter keeper in the tank. I often read how big something gets but its not until you see it in person you realize wow thats small. Will it get much bigger and would keeping it in a large size critter keeper work for keeping it from getting out of my main tank.

arcprolife

Hatchling
Registered
did you cover the slits with anything extra-the guy at the LFS said he had gotten out a few times and visited a few tanks. Its amazing how they fit out of that thin little slit. Its why I am concerned I would have a hard time keeping him locked in a 30 gallon. Atleast the critter keeper gives me a little more control.

arcprolife;131667 said:
did you cover the slits with anything extra-the guy at the LFS said he had gotten out a few times and visited a few tanks. Its amazing how they fit out of that thin little slit. Its why I am concerned I would have a hard time keeping him locked in a 30 gallon. Atleast the critter keeper gives me a little more control.

I put the top inside of some panty hose, cut the extra length off, then popped it on. You may need to direct a powerhead onto the lid to make the water flow inside better, the panty hose can be a bit restrictive to the current.