• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Please meet Creepy the Sea Monster

Thats a great looking ceph you got there! Don't worry he'll figure it out in no time. My Vigo figured out how to open both a jar and a "plug type" container. I'm wondering if Creepy has ever gone after your Damsel or your PJ Cardinal?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Welcome to Creepy? Where did you get him and what species is he supposed to be? I'll add him to the List of Our Octopuses.

Nancy

i'm not sure, but i think that aggresive damsels can go after the octo's eyes. beautiful octo though. he's got a real spring in his step

Thanks, Creepy is alot of fun.
I think he is a Aculeatus? The guy in Berkeley where I bought him ID'd him as such.
He dosent seem interested in the Damsels or the snails, however I try to keep him well fed so he will at least leave the snails alone.
I'm actually hoping he will eat the Damsels.
I started out with about 10 Damsels and once Creepy showed up I thought for sure he would make short work of the fish, but he did'nt seem interested so I made that DIY fish trap and now theres 3 left.
I would like to keep them(if possible) as they seem to help clean up the scraps Creepy leaves behind.
He seems very at home in his tank and has even accepted food from hand and let me touch him.
I've been feeding him Ghost Shrimp from the local bait shop and Crabs from a chain store.
I wish I had an idea how old he is but buying from a LFS is a crabshoot at best. Oh well, I will thouroughly enjoy every moment I have with this magnificient animal.......Go Creepy!!

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
griffen7777;91106 said:
I've been feeding him Ghost Shrimp from the local bait shop and Crabs from a chain store.

Hopefully more crabs than Ghosties?????? :biggrin2: no I'm not getting on my soap box!!

J

Yes that would be me. Thanks Roy! Took Creepy a little while to get comfortable but once he did he has been great
Since recently learning about Aquaculture store I plan to discontinue feeding the ghosts and buy fiddlers.The chain store in Vacaville seems to have an issue with feeder animals (the crabs I bought) so I was glad to find out about buying them online.
The little monster ate one of my new rather large turbo snails this morning, guess I better order the fiddlers soon!
My weekend starts in a couple of days and I'll try the plastic box thing again with my camera ready to go.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annainbrooklyn

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak