• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Playing with Otto [retitled from "HEY!!"]

DrBatty

GPO
Registered
With arms like that, I am almost certain that's an A. Aculeatus.....they are known for their exceptionally long arms in comparison to their body. If I recall [and I don't have any experience with them], Briarius tends to be a more reclusive species as well. :smile:

yeah if mine (CA 2-spot) is up at the top of the tank and i stick my finger in, he'll grab it with the webbed part of his tentacles and pull...then when he realizes he can't pull me in the tank, he lets go. if i keep touching him he'll keep grabbing hold and trying to pull.

the tug-of-war w/octos is a totally cool benefit of having one as a pet!

Latest Posts