• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Petition to include cephalopods as protected species in the US

The attached petition was sent to the Cephalopod International Advisory Council (CIAC) mailing list yesterday. I am not an author or part of this but I thought the community would be interested to read it and be aware of it. As far as I can ascertain any changes to their protected status would only be in a research setting and would bring the US into line with a large part of the global research community which already protects cephalopods in research. There was a huge panic when the EU protected them but in reality, research still goes on, it is just more mindful and more ethical now with genuine oversight.

Cheers,

Gav

Attachments

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eschwesinger

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean