One on the way!

mosthated

GPO
Registered
I just ordered me a octo from liveaquaria.com i will be posting pics when it arrives, hopefully thursday!
anyone considering i paid 95$ for octo/shipping

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
tell me how it goes, i was thinking about getting it, but i chickened out, since i didnt know what species i'd get. Keep us updated.

mosthated

GPO
Registered
Here are a few pics of the sump i just setup for the octo tank, the water is still a bit cloudy because i just moved all that sand in the sump from the old 29gl fuge, 75gl tank with 55gl sump, what do you all think?
I made tops for the 75 out of window screen kits you can buy at home depot, i just got a roll of the screen (fiber glass) and four of the little metal rail things and the plastic roller to put it in all in all the lids cost about 10$ and 30mins! that was way to easy.. i can post pics of them as well if anyone wants to see them...

Attachments

• conv_291924.jpg
    conv_291924.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 81
  • conv_291925.jpg
    conv_291925.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 79

mosthated

GPO
Registered
the room and wires are still a mess, i just got finished removing the old sump/fuge and installing this one, so please excuse the mess.

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I'd love to see pics of the top, because i have a roll of window screen and i was trying to see how i could build the top out of that. I didnt want to just superglue it on though..

mosthated

GPO
Registered
very cool octo!
mantel length is approx 1".
it inked twice after i put it in the tank but i scooped most of it out! this is the only picture i took while it was acclimating,,
any id's on its id?

Attachments

• conv_291928.jpg
    conv_291928.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 90
I'm going to bet it's Abdopus Aculeatus, but mostly because of the "Indo-Pacific" thing... couldn't tell by the picture, which is a good picture by the way. Thanks for sharing.

Your tank setup looks great too! Maybe not cosmetically so much, but that's a great filtration setup.

Congratulations and good luck! :smile:

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Awesome! i think im gonna order mine right now...but before i do, does he seem healthy? is he active? has he eaten yet? how shy is he?
Sorry for all the questions just want to know what i'm getting into...