One on the way!

mosthated

GPO
Registered
he was active when i had him in the acclimation tank, i put him in the 75 and he has disapeared into the rock. looked fine to me, he was really cool to watch him swim through the tank when i first put him in there. I "think" he has all of his legs. I did not do a full examination of him, i just go home from work and my girlfriend has had him drip acclimating for 4 hours before i got home so i just took a quick snap shot and sent him into the tank, he was however healthy enough to run from my net and climb onto the capet before i picked him up. i fed the tank mysis, dont know if he ate or not the lights are out. he is sharing his tank with the basic clean up crew of crabs/snail and some stompella's and two dragonets. o and a lawn mower blenny, those fish should not ever bother him i wouldnt suspect, but if they ever become food for the octo i would be ok with that.

Hah, how fun. Sounds like you got a spunky one.

The Dragonets shouldn't be any threat no, but I wouldn't be so sure about that Blenny. They like to nip at things. Might not do it more than once though. :smile: Since they are generally sand and rock dwelling peaceful fish they probably won't last long.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
:welcome: Bud!

Bud looks very speckled in that pic, almost like granite... is that his normal coloration?

mosthated

GPO
Registered
dunno, that was my first time seeing him, and only time i might add! lol i just got him, my girl told me he was bright white when she opened the box he came in, but when she put him in the acclimation tank, aka plastic storage bin, lol he turned the color in the pic, i guess to match the carpet.

Some octos hide for a while before they will interact. If the octo you received is Abdopus Aculeatus, it should be pretty interactive. Try to get another few pictures of him when he comes out again.

mosthated

GPO
Registered
he came out late last nite and was out this morning i didnt get any pics because my camera is dead, or the batteries are.. i gave him a piece of krill but i dont think he liked it. he just carried it around for a min, and droped it, it seemed interested in some of the hermit crabs but i didnt see him eat on, it was very cool watching him climb around, i just got home and i dont see him, i am sure he will venture out later..

Latest Posts