• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Octopus vulgaris research

Mireia

Hatchling
Registered
:confused:
Hi everybody,
I'm Mireia from Denia in Spain. I'm actually doing my PHD about Octopus vulgaris. I already get 100 octopus in a jale in the sea. The density is near 20kg/m3, and at the begining I separed males from females. Many problems occurs with males, it seems they notice the chemical attratcs from females an everyday I pick up som died males without any evidence of fights or any other thing that make me supose a violent behaviour between them.
Have you ever notice problems with males during mating periode?
Do you know wich is the best density for culture them?
How many % of crustaceans do you feed them?
Do you have any problem with octopus well-feeded?
Thanks everybody.

It is best to have them all seperated individually or in small groups, the males can fight and kill each other. Our octopus get feed a crab every other day more or less depending on how hungry they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak