• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

This is a little disturbing:

Not their video, but they put their watermark (and more) on it. Makes me nervous that they would do that.

If you don't want to click, to limit their view counter, the video is Museum Victorias A. marginatus video of the animal 'walking' around with coconut shells.

I have taken a few pics and will post as soon as I can. I am going to try and keep the baby in a critter carrier untill it grows more. From there I will either keep it in a different tank... or rehome it. I kinda feel like its a miracle that this little guy made the trip as it is. When it arrived the water temp was at 69 degrees so I am lowering the temp in my tank to match and will be adding this little guy and carrier at the same time. I hope he makes it.... I ordered some mysis shrimp from Paul and they will be here Friday.

Two things:

1) Just ordered one of Tom's briareus

2) I've dealt with Mike at OceanPro before on a number of items - while his website is cheap at best, the service I've received from him is always top notch. A few weeks ago I bought 600# of live rock from his for $850 SHIPPED - he even picked out nice big pieces for me - no rubble.

Thales;164131 said:
http://www.tonmo.com/forums/showthread.php?21737-Sedona-O.-bimaculoides

for information about the not great octo shipping from Oceanpro. I am not sure if I feel the same as the poster in regards to oceanpro 'learning' as they have been in the game for a long time.

The only reason I said that about learning is he did ask me a lot of questions about them. If my guess is right they even reached out to find the best way to ship, though seriously lacking in their understanding of the animals needs in shipping. I will agree that having been in business as long as he has I would think his understanding would be better.

Attachments

• conv_297093.jpg
    conv_297093.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 59
sk252006;164168 said:
The only reason I said that about learning is he did ask me a lot of questions about them. If my guess is right they even reached out to find the best way to ship, though seriously lacking in their understanding of the animals needs in shipping. I will agree that having been in business as long as he has I would think his understanding would be better.

The part that worries me most is that those kinds of discussions have been had with them in the past.

He had a buy it now on the auction so someone may have purchased it and he set up another. He usually does not use eBay unless he has excess :biggrin2:. From the size I would say his age guess is about right and these would be contemporaries of Cassy and Tatanka and implying (with no real data) that there may indeed be seasonality with the brooding.

Any one in east Tennessee, The Coral Reef (LFS) can order sepia bandensis egg cluster, I got 13 eggs and 9 hatched. Fairly cheap. Also I got my A. aculeatus from them, they have another one in the store right now but it's a bit expensive. They are part of Sustainable Aquatics and I think they are going to either start breeding sepias or getting hundreds of eggs and tank raising them. They have amazing facilities for that .

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back