• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

online octo orders

Hey peeps! :rainbow:

I ordered an octo long, long ago from my LFS, and found one available at saltwaterfish.com I decided to wait for my LFS because they usually absolutely rock and always have very healthy everything. I finally got one from them, but know they are still available at saltwaterfish.com. They are $80- with free shipping (3-4").

Best of luckto all! :mrgreen:
Fishy1 :octopus:

saltwaterfish.coms shipping is not free. the first time i ordered from them i was exited but it will end up causting around $15 and they wont let you order if you dont have over $80 in your cart. :frown:

Hmmmm...I didn't think you could sell live animals on Ebay? Have they changed the rules or does this only apply to those critters with fur? :hmm:

At any rate, if anyone buys anything from this seller I'd love to hear about the result.

Chris

If people are interested, I would, err, recommend stating that here first. No sense in knocking up the price competing against each other. I'd rather have the auction go for the starting price, and then let others contact the seller directly for other octopuses at the same price..

That said, I emailed him to see how often he gets them in.

Abdopus aculeatus

I noticed a rather nice large A. aculeatus for sale in Berkeley at Octopus's Garden this weekend. This is a diurnal species that has a variety of interesting behaviors including bipedal walking (but you would need a really big tank or ocean to see it).

The Cephalopod Page has Sources of Live cephalopods now updated incase anyone hasent seen...he has a lot less now but says its hard to keep up after so long. Anyways, Aquatic Connections has a carribean octopus in stock I think for about 60 bucks in Florida. I emailed them just for comfirmation....sooo many online aquarium sites are shady and are hardly updated.

I actually bid on the octopus from Ebay, but Ebay removed the listing as they said it violated one of their policies and advised me not to pursue the sale. But I see he still has other live creatures for sale so I don't know what the issue was.

Interesting.

Carol

corw314 said:
I actually bid on the octopus from Ebay, but Ebay removed the listing as they said it violated one of their policies and advised me not to pursue the sale. But I see he still has other live creatures for sale so I don't know what the issue was.

Interesting.

Carol

I wonder if the fuss people made about the guy selling blue-rings has led them to disallow octopuses of all sorts?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back