• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

[Octopodcast]: Episode 4, Interview with Kat Bolstad (Tintenfisch)

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I'm pleased to announce Episode 4 of the Octopodcast. This month we interview New Zealand's Kat Bolstad about her work with cephalopods, with a small dose of Neil sprinkled in, much to her chagrin. :biggrin2:

[URL2=http://www.tonmo.com/octopodcast/]Visit our Octopodcast page to download and listen now![/URL2]

Once again I want to offer great thanks to Kat for her time on this, and for her involvement with TONMO.com. Thanks T!

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Episode 4: March 2006 -- 7.2 megs. 30 minutes, 52 seconds.
An interview with New Zealand's Kat Bolstad (tintenfisch on TONMO.com) about her work with cephalopods.

Episode 3: February 2006 -- 10 megs. 27 minutes, 59 seconds.

Episode 2: January 2006 -- 10 megs. 28 minutes, 41 seconds.

Episode 1 (Pilot Episode): December 2005 -- 7 megs. 19 minutes, 34

So it appears Kat compresses better than previous interviews-- I haven't listened to it yet, but I expect it's not because she's got a lower signal-to-noise ratio :wink:

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Yes, and the sound quality is a much better this time... I think I've finally figured out a system for this.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Saw this posted up, grabbed a cold one, and sat down for a listen...fantastic ! Kat is one great lady, and the interview was superb...

greg

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
monty said:
So it appears Kat compresses better than previous interviews-- I haven't listened to it yet, but I expect it's not because she's got a lower signal-to-noise ratio :wink:

Much more noise, much less signal. :wink:

So much for limiting the 'um's on my end. Ah well. :roll:

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
Yes, I prefer to be considered mildly acerbic. What was this business about nidamental glands in male squid? Can any details be accessed now, or must one wait?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
I was inspired by your comments on pronunciation in this broadcast to suggest: could you make a section for sound bites of how to properly pronounce all these scientific names? And put sound bites (and maybe phoenetic spellings) of, e.g. mesonchyteuthis, architeuthis, belemite, vampyroteuthis, ciac, cranchid, ... and other words common around here in writing but not so much in everyday speech?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak