My first O. Hummelincki

I just got back from the pet store. I purchased six more damsels, three blue fin and three four-lined(don't quote me on the names). All of the fish(including the wrasse but excluding the pajama cardinal) are so busy trying to stake out their own piece of the reef that none of them have any time for Bubbles, let alone the stingray. This is my plan, to "overload" the tank per-say with species of fish similar to others(in this case the damsels) and use their own aggression against themselves and to the octopus'(and any other delicate animals') favor. By keeping them so pre-occupied with each other they will have no time for the other animals in the tank. Thus far it seems to be working out swimmingly(lol I just love that pun when speaking of aquatic things.) Anyways. I now have a full reef of fish, along with several new corals. Now I just have to get rid of my aptasia problem.

Thank you for your "congrats" and "good lucks". I am taking some underwater cameras with me and I'll try to get some great reef and ceph pics while I'm in PR. I'll post them when I get back.

skywindsurfer;157031 said:
Please note: While I have the utmost concern for the well-being of the cephalopods I care for, I acknowledge that some of my cephalopod care practices are experimental in nature, and in some cases can be potentially dangerous to cephalopods. As such, TONMO.com has asked me to provide a link to the TONMO.com Forum Guidelines and Cephalopod Care Ethics Statement at the bottom of all my posts, to ensure all readers have access to as much information as possible regarding best practices in cephalopod care. I agreed, so there’s the link. Thanks!.

Thank you for this... It is appreciated that you would put this so boldly in your posts for the sake of those who might never really read your full threads.

I instructed the sitter to pull any dead animals. I don't think there is any issue except for the damsels killing each other, but from what I've experienced with keeping damsels is that they all tend to go through a sort of "initiation" period. After which they all settle down nicely. It happened when I added the three devil damsels, and the same is going on with the new six. All the devils made it through, and I'm betting the new six will do just fine.

Well we're at the airport now. All of the fish were doing fine when we left and there was no fighting. I fed everything and gave Bubbles two prices of krill. There are no signs of those crabs I placed in there. The sitter has the number to our hotel incase anything goes wrong. I hope I come back to a tank the way I left it. I will do my best to put this at the back of my
mind and just enjoy our trip.

Thats really cool that you're posting that. We all know that you know what you are doing, however some "lurkers" (a funny term) may not.

And I noticed your green lettering you supporter!:thumbsup:

Well no luck so far snorkeling. Wetried the beach just off the reesort but it was too wavy and there was too much sediment to see anything. We're going to try another beach later.

Last night we kyaced through a mangroove forest and through the bioilluminesence bay. It was pretty awesome. Today we're going snorkeling and visiting old San Juan. This new beach is supposed to be great for snorkeling. Tomorrow we're hicking through El Yunque and hopfully swimming in some water falls. Still no word from the sitter. My wife is going to call or text or something
later to check and see if everything is still ok.

We'll be back Friday evening. The sitter is a friend of my wife's and she lives across the street from us. I don't think my wife ever got ahold of her, but I'm sure everything is fine. I finally got to snorkel yesterday over some grass beds. We never went to the reefs cause they are far off shore and cost too much to go. I found a bunch of fish and inverts, but no cephs :frown: . Today we're going to hike through El Yunque.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back