• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Luise from Germany

Felurian

Hatchling
Registered
Hey everyone!

thanks for having me :smile: Im looking for detailed information about how to have an octopus as a pet, but I am also interested in this fascinating animal in general. Here in Germany its an uncommon pet and in German forums people only fight about wether they feel comfortable in a fishtank or not. So I am hoping for a more objective perspective on the matter and I am looking forward to interesting stories about this magic creature.

best regards, Luise

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
:cuttlehi: Luise!

For a feel of what it is like to keep an octopus as a pet, read through some of our journals (you might sample different species to start - check out the blue stickies, the species are listed and the names of the octos are links).

For general guidance on becoming an octo keeper, here is a link to several collections created to introduce new enthusiasts.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konkong555

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak