[Octopus]: Life with Olive

Hadla

Wonderpus
Registered

I took him/her home around 1pm Saturday (after spending the night worrying it was sold cause I forgot to call them at closing!) Above is the first night inside the critter container I brought him/her home in inside a bucket with an air stone running while I rearranged the 10g already set up and running since earlier this year.

Sold as a pacific brown octopus… seems to be a bocki :smile: this is from Friday in the store.

Close up of the color changing on Monday

And full tank shot
1B5D3CB2-96F0-4C62-9144-08FDC9022990.jpeg

Showing just how tiny!
E62C266D-093D-4206-A125-649E95FF4221.png

Well I made first contact with him two nights ago :roflmao:he was on top of a rock so I held my finger an inch above him so he could decide… briefly touched my finger then crawled off frantically lol

I recently read the soul of an octopus and tried my best to give off loving and friendly vibes for him to taste hehe

Omg! I held my finger near his little barnacle and he tentatively sent out one arm to test it, pulled it back, sent out another, then grabbed on with five and tried to pull me in! 🤣 he couldn’t do it… I think he got annoyed and retreated even farther into his barnacle! 😂 (hence the barely there in the pic) it amazes me just how strong even the small ones are! I didn’t realize it until now! I wish I could have gotten it on camera, but I was holding the flashlight with my other hand 😩 can’t wait to try again tomorrow night! Also I noticed he has a little anemone friend 😁

I’ll have to hold the flashlight in my mouth or something so I can record with my free hand 🤣

Attachments

• 4FB7DD53-7A6E-4883-90B9-6628F333FFFC.jpeg
    4FB7DD53-7A6E-4883-90B9-6628F333FFFC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • 9A5A40F6-4E28-476F-B7F1-A0E1CF2CF783.jpeg
    9A5A40F6-4E28-476F-B7F1-A0E1CF2CF783.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Was able to try again and hold my phone in my left hand! “You don’t want to come in here? Fine! Bye!”

Luckily his barnacle den is big enough that my finger can’t get stuck 😁 the movement was me pulling then him jerking me back 🤣 NO! YOU GAVE ME THIS AND ITS MINE!! I pulled my finger all the way out and he got all like fine, go away!

Attachments

• IMG_4286.MOV
    62.8 MB

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back