Let's play.... Cephword!

Clem said:
ent (stupid walking trees, slowing down the movie and interrupting battles)

BLASPHEMY!!!! before the second movie, i was worried about how theyd do the Ents (a personal fav, that ended up coming out nice) when i shouldve worried about Jarjar v2.0 (aka Gollum :x ) The ents go primate fecal matter on a wizard and a wannabe politician, that wins point in my book.... maybe Jackson couldve shot/edited it better, but the fact that he never shot the scouring of the shire shows he's a hack riding the tails of a great story to prominence....

anyways, my initial list:

tin, tan, nit, tad, tag, ten, net, get, gin, gat, tie, den
tine, tint, gang, gait, need, neat, gain, Dane, deadn, nine, Geat (read your Beowulf)
tanning

While it was indeed rewarding to see the Ents "go to town", for the most part, the Ent scenes slowed down the movie. This becomes especially apparent when watching it over and over and over. The movie has massive replay appeal... but the scenes with them trudging through the woods are quite fast-forwardable.

I think the Gollum actor should have been nomiated for supporting actor, myself! Lucas has to be kicking himself daily. In terms of appeal and seamless integration with a movie, Gollum is what he must have had in mind when green-lighting Jar-Jar Binks.

Hmm... one entry to at least stay on topic... :feet:

Taningia danae

giant, as in tree

Dig and tanning is all I can come up with.

Quote from MAD -"Gollum is actually the b****** love child of Calista Flockhart and David Hyde Pierce" or "David Spade without his makeup."

Eledone cirrhosa

eel doe has car led cod ire hie red rid
dire dole cone cede hair arch rice dice dish shod
niche chore scorn chide shoal coral ochre riled shire hoser :wink:
echidna chained corned sacred ashore corral chloride horrid chandler scoria

Eledone cirrhosa

aid ash die don eon lee nee nod sad sod
done heel held hero hind lore node rash sire soar
clade erode heard ichor laden leach roach scene shorn shred
chiral cinder deacon hoarse schöne :wink: (yeah, yeah... 'dish' was used already) second crinose decanol necrose rehearsed rhinoceros

Eledone cirrhosa

ode old end ere sir had ore roe den din
ease seal oars iron shoe eros ache orca acid arid
easel lease elder olden child scion clone crone rinse dance
heraldic nordic cradle heroic choral endear diocese candle orchid

Good one. :smile:

um... said:
Note to self: Never play Scrabble with :twisted:.

[Sigh] ... And the number of people on the planet willing to play Scrabble with me remains at a steady three... one if you only count people in the same hemisphere. :cry:

Don't cry. I just said that I shouldn't play for money, Honey. I figger I can deal with utter humiliation, since I've an endless reservoir of shame to draw from. I'm just a bit lack-lucre. If you ever want to make the stakes firstborn children or indentured servitude, then count me in.

:heee:

Its been quite awhile since I played cephword. Also never play Upwords with TTF :wink:

Eledone cirrhosa

Nod, Old, One, Nil,

Dead, Hose, Clad, Cold, Lead, Eden, Hone, Corn, Horn, Hide

Drone, Adorn,

Aw crap, all the easy ones are gone :frown:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back