Kalypso (O.briareus)

I thought at first when I read the title that Kalypso had died!
Far from it, Kalypso is as lively and active as ever.

This video is one of the best I've seen for showing long arms and delicate webbing of a briareus. Also also how a very enthusiastic octopus will behave!

Nancy

:roflmao: That's a great video! I like when you are trying to "stuff" him back in the tank, like trying to get a square peg in a round hole! They know what they want that's for sure!Excellent footage!

I was gathering mysis shrimp from other tanks with a baster, and of course when I started in on Kalypso's tank I lost the baster. Alayna took pics with her Iphone.

baster1.jpg

baster2.jpg

The part that is most interesting to me is, I have NEVER been able to remove the bulb from it. I've pulled and pried and could never budge it and so decided perhaps it wasn't meant to be taken apart. Kalypso had it off in about 2 minutes.

Nice photos, like the colors! Of course, we knew that Kalypso would want the baster.

I didn't realize the iPhone could take such good photos!

Nancy

He is such a dynamic octo! I wish I had room for one. We have talked about converting the reef but not until we loose Harry (our mandarin) and Winchester (our trigger fish).

Something of interest to report...

The heater in Kalypso's tank has been kaput for several days and I'm pretty broke right now so I can't buy a new one and need the ones I've got in our reef and the current cuttle tank for those tanks. Kalypso's tank temperature is lingering between 64 and 66F, and no change whatsoever in behavior.

YAY!! happy... anniversary I guess haha. = )

by the way how is that blue spot sea hare working out in your tank? I happened to see one when I went to my lfs right after I read this thread and it was the perfect size for my 29 seahorse tank (about half the size of a golfball) so I picked it up. I plan to move it to the octo tank once its ready.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back