• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

It don't get no fresher than this...

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Euprymna said:
Don't know if this has been posted earlier but :shock: The koreans likes their octopus really fresh!!

http://www.youtube.com/w/Eat-Live-Squid?v=u0NLLaxdL7U&search=squid

:shock: :shock:

eups

:yuck: I'm not opposed to eating cephs as a rule, but it seems like that's pretty cruel to do to an intelligent-enough-to-probably-be-aware animal. (I figure oysters, for example, don't really much know what's going on). It also seems like you'd be at pretty high risk for a lot of beak bites on your mouth, tongue, esophogus, and stomach... "try the blue ring, Albert, it's a delicacy" comes to mind...

:shock: I agree that seems pretty cruel. Especially they way they shoved the chopstick right in its mantle cavity and wrapped it around.
Ben

a rabid squid

GPO
Registered
it seems a little better than getting thrown into boiling water. but i have to try that someday. it doesnt look like it tastes great but you know it looks like the coolest sensation ever. supposedly a few people have died from the octopus clinging to a tonsil or something.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Yeah, I chose not to even watch it through... the snarky announcer and script shows that the intelligence of the creatures in the dish were superior to those who produced the show... and probably the people eating as well... but I'm more annoyed with the glamorization / exploitation of it all... for some cheap production that was probably watched and quickly forgotten by a few thousand viewers. Pleh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kezrah

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak