• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Is your Octo nosey?

Scouse said:
so with an octo havin a beak and there apparent strength, I wonder how they would compare in bite stakes i.e. budgy, parrot etc......
well I've never gotten bitten by a octoeven though I have purposely tryed to get bitten by my o.vulagirs but well he seem's to be very cautious of what he does and he is a bit timid that he will bite me so he try's to ignore it lol. :smile:

well I've never gotten bitten by a octoeven though I have purposely tryed to get bitten by my o.vulagirs
(
)

Your mad mate!!! But I do understand why!!! LOL

Its an intresting thought because I suppose that is one of the usual questions to be asked by people when keeping one. I suppose its just a case of making friends with the little fo and developing trust.

On a lighter note, I used to know somebody who was once bit by a dog in his road, so he bit it back!!! He said it tasted like [email protected]%T :yuck: but it never did it again!!!!! LOL

well I've never gotten bitten by a octoeven though I have purposely tryed to get bitten by my o.vulagirs
(
)

Your mad mate!!! But I do understand why!!! LOL

Its an intresting thought because I suppose that is one of the usual questions to be asked by people when keeping one. I suppose its just a case of making friends with the little fo and developing trust.

On a lighter note, I used to know somebody who was once bit by a dog in his road, so he bit it back!!! He said it tasted like [email protected]%T :yuck: but it never did it again!!!!! LOL

incysor

Cuttlefish
Registered
Squishy sort of bit both me and my wife several times. He would grab all over your hand, and then you'd feel a sort of poke/pinch. Much less painful than a papercut, but definitely noticeable. He was a bimac, so he wasn't as big as some of the other types people are keeping. I don't know what a bite would be like if it were one of the bigger species.

I think he just got excited. He seemed to like to come out and play tug-of-war quite a bit, and the few times we got bit, it seemed like it was times the game was a bit energetic. In all instances the bites were about the same intensity, never worse than a little poke. Perhaps he was just accidentally scraping us with his beak in the excitement of the game? Most of these bites drew blood, but not as much as the times I've poked myself sewing a button back on my shirt. :lol:

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PmZkilla

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak