• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

I got some bad news the other day

dragonfish

GPO
Registered
:cry:

My good friend Flubber has passed away. I used to care for this little guy (an O. vulgaris) at aquatopia.

when I quit there, I dropped in every now and then to see how he was doing (really loved the little guy)

cause of death is somewhat unclear to me. I heard 2 different stories. either he crawled up the filteroutlet, or he had inked. the head aquarist wasn't around, so I hope to get details asap.

I'm kinda mad now because it was a great animal, who really interacted with people and because he still had his whole life in front of him. (in octopus years that is, I'm guessing he had 6 months to a year left)

it's flubber in the pic by the way

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Sorry to hear that :cry: We just lost our Mrs Henry but that was expected as she had laid eggs about 7 weeks ago and was looking like a palid wraith of an octi

J

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Sorry about Flubber, dragonfish. I remember you mentioning him before.

And sorry about Mrs. Henry too, Jean.

Wish they'd all stay around for a longer time.

Nancy

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
:frown: So sorry to hear about Flubber and Mrs. Henry!! (love that name! How did you come up with Mrs. Henry???)

They do live too short of a time! That is why I harrass mine constantly!!!

Carol

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Sorry to hear about Mrs Henry and Flubber. Do tell us what happened to Flubber when you find out. I guess we only have to blame their fast and furious lives.

dragonfish

GPO
Registered
Just read about mrs Henry. I feel sorry for you.

as soon as I get an update on the flubber-story, I'll post it.
that will probably be next week.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
corw314 said:
:frown: So sorry to hear about Flubber and Mrs. Henry!! (love that name! How did you come up with Mrs. Henry???)

They do live too short of a time! That is why I harrass mine constantly!!!

Carol

Henry the octopus is a character that is often seen with a VERY popular childrens singing group called the Wiggles (Aussies will know these guys) our managers children named our octopus Henry, only she turned out to be a girl so Mrs Henry!

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak