• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I could use some help...

idahocuttle

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hi guys,
im one of the guys helping to get the idaho public aquarium going. Weve been open now for about three weeks, and we are wanting to add to our ceph displays.....we currently only have three on display and looking for a couple of pretty specialized breeds. we are having a bit of trouble locating an adult or near adult sepia latimanus to put in our 500 gallon display and we really would love to aquire a group of sephia officinalis. if theres any one who may have some info for me i would truly appriciate it!

Hi,

I have never seen adult S. latimanus for sale anywhere. I have actually never even seen S. latimanus juvies or eggs for sale in North America. The ones we had at Steinhart I got from Japan as eggs.
Sepia officinalis are in a slightly different boat, but the suppliers in North America aren't really supplying as of late. You might want to reach out to a public aquarium in England and see if they can help you.

Welcome to TONMO.

Rich

I thank you for that info....do you happen to know any contact info for an aquarium there that you would suggest? And secondly is there a large breed cuttle that is possibly available that you would suggest?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back