• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

How big does a Bimac get?

crocgurl93

Blue Ring
Registered
Also what is the smallest tank you can get for them? And what do you need to put in the tank to make it cycle properly? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure everything is good this time around.

Your minimum tank size should be 55 gallons, Some new live rock or damsels usually work best to start off your cycle. Check out the Articles on the top of this page they are very useful.

~Tom

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
If it gets this big, even a 55 or a 75 is a bit tight.

crocgurl93

Blue Ring
Registered
Oh wow I'm defiantly not getting one of those they are too big nice picture though haha oh yea is a nano cube good for housing a pygmy?

The 24 gallon nanocube, or 29 biocube would be suitable. I would take out the actinic light and replace it with a 10k or not replace it at all. You would also have to close off any cracks between the main tank and the back that houses all the filteration.

crocgurl93

Blue Ring
Registered
What about the 12 gallon? because it looked like it was ok in there... I was going to put some fleece or something like that back there also

I kept a dwarf in a 10 gallon for a couple of weeks, and it seemed very unhappy. Of course it was moved from a 75 gallon, but in the 75 gallon, it was also contained in a critter keeper but still was much happier than in the 10 gallon. If you go this route, you might try adding a tiny peaceful fish. Mine seemed to enjoy watching the fish swim around it.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak