• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

How big can any gaps be?

Beroe

Hatchling
Registered
Hi,

Does anybody know about how big a young bimac's beak is? I'm working on setting up a tank for an octopus that I, eventually, plan to order from octopets and I need to know how big any holes can be. The only octopuses I've ever dealt with have been much smaller and could escape through pretty much anything!

Thanks,
-Erin

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Hi erin (also my daughter's name ) :smile:

Well, to be honest, try to have no gaps at all within reach of the octopus and that's the only way to be sure or at least cover with a mesh...

The octos that are being sold are normally about the mantle size of a grape or smaller...

hope that helps
Colin

Latest Forum Posts