• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

hiding

my octopus hasent come out too much in the past 2 weeks I havent realy seen him crawl al over the glass and be about. Instead he is hiding. what should I do? oh I have a bunch of crads from the beach to feed him. :hmm: I just dont now if he is dead or not.

Are there signs he's still eating? If so, I would leave him alone. Sometimes they take longer to adjust and disturbing his environment is just going to freak him out again. Patience!!!! :smile:

such a releaf I finaly found my octopus he is in his den with 2 crab shells if frunt of it he started to move a little bit wile I looked at him I am grabbing a few more crabs to see if they incorage him to come out :mrgreen:

Glad you found your octo.

Maybe it would come out more if you had a more natural lighting scheme - lights on during the day and dark except for red light at night. You might have success with moonlights (blue) at night.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back