• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

HELP I HAVE EGGS

Stevie

O. bimaculoides
Registered
I will try in a bowl, I have a large one, with a good airstone. The damsels are gone, wow they were hard to catch! While moving some live rock pearl reached out and touched me, then to my surprize she tried to pull me under her web to bite! It was quite an amusing match! She enjoyed the ride on my hand swirling to the water and is watching me now as if I am food! She also tried to steal the net! And I did a water change while I was at it. During this I cleaned out all the shells that were food. She wrestled me and won, she got to keep a couple!

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
If the eggs do hatch in the bowl, then why not try feeding them cyclopeeze or if you are really adventurous, hatch out your own nauplii. The size of the larvae will tell you what type of food to use but anything plankton-like.

Greg

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
yeah, phytoplankton is way too small, not to mention it's a plant! Shame really we have litres of the stuff! With the zooplankton we have to catch it!

J