Hello

Nave

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I just found this site today, been looking into Octo care and possible breeding. I am looking into starting a marine breeding farm in my area to keep wild caught fish around here to a minimum. I was wanting to look into adding Octo's and Cuddlefish to my breeding list. I have experience with reef and marine but only small community type fish. I plan on getting one octo as a pet that will help me learn how to care for them once I have my farm going.

I will end up having alot of questions but Im not at that stage yet. I am going to pick up a 55 or 75 gallon aquarium soon and start the 3 month cycle. In that time it will give me the chance to buy all the proper equipment to properly care for the octo I get.

I have decided that I will end up wanting to buy my first one from someone on here, I want one that is CB and one I know the age of. Not sure what kind yet, Preferably one with large eggs but I will be trying my hardest to have successful batches of small egged octos once I have everything going. In the past few days I upgraded my 25 gallon reef into a 55 gallon so I have to upgrade some equipment before I can go out and get my octo tank. I am leaning more towards a 55 gallon since I can get a good deal on those.

:welcome: to TONMO! That sounds like you're on the right track... if you haven't already, make sure to check out the articles up under the big articles button on top...

What's your "area"?

Asheville, NC is my area. I have looked over the articles at the top before I joined. When I get my tank I will print some of them and use them as a guide. The more I read the more excited I get about having a Octo as a pet. I get amused by my clownfish and can watch them for hours, having an Octo is going to have me in front of the tank every free moment heh.

Nave;102358 said:
I just found this site today, been looking into Octo care and possible breeding. I am looking into starting a marine breeding farm in my area to keep wild caught fish around here to a minimum. I was wanting to look into adding Octo's and Cuddlefish to my breeding list. I have experience with reef and marine but only small community type fish. I plan on getting one octo as a pet that will help me learn how to care for them once I have my farm going.

I will end up having alot of questions but Im not at that stage yet. I am going to pick up a 55 or 75 gallon aquarium soon and start the 3 month cycle. In that time it will give me the chance to buy all the proper equipment to properly care for the octo I get.

I have decided that I will end up wanting to buy my first one from someone on here, I want one that is CB and one I know the age of. Not sure what kind yet, Preferably one with large eggs but I will be trying my hardest to have successful batches of small egged octos once I have everything going. In the past few days I upgraded my 25 gallon reef into a 55 gallon so I have to upgrade some equipment before I can go out and get my octo tank. I am leaning more towards a 55 gallon since I can get a good deal on those.
:welcome: can't wait, it's alot of fun.

Welcome to the site! :welcome:

When you get your octopus, be sure to come over to the Ceph Care forums and post some photos on Journals and Photos!

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back