Hello from an Ocean Conservationist + Green Career Coach!

Hi Everyone. I am passionate about ocean conservation and cephalopods. At the top of my bucket list is learning how to scuba dive. Are there lots of scuba divers here? I have a natural resources degree, worked for National Wildlife Federation for 12 years, then moved on to leading the career office for graduate students in the environmental and sustainability fields. I have my own Green Career Advisor coaching practice helping people find and secure their dream green jobs to save the planet. I also run a facebook group on Ocean Conservation Actions and Careers to encourage people to take action on ocean conservation and for those interested in ocean conservation careers. Three ocean conservation issues that concern me greatly are proposals to start octopus farming (for food) on a large scale, deep sea mining, and climate change. I'd be interested to hear what ocean conservation issues concern other members here.

Welcome, @octopusesrsmart (great username!) and THANK YOU for becoming a TONMO Supporter! :notworth:

There are indeed a number of scuba divers on TONMO :snorkel:. (that's more of a snorkel smiley, but you get me!) One of the best things about our community is that we've been live since May of 2000 :shock: :old: and so there's a ton of content to be found via our Search feature. @Tom Hlavac also posts actively about his GPO dive spot -- amazing stuff!

As for ocean conservation, our friends at MarineBio.org are a great resource, and it is run by @David Campbell (an avid scuba diver himself).

As I just mentioned in a separate post, I expect to implement some deeper cross-platform integrations in 2024, so maybe we can partner in relation to your FB group on ocean conversation and careers. It's a small world with big passions!

Welcome, @octopusesrsmart (great username!) and THANK YOU for becoming a TONMO Supporter! :notworth:

There are indeed a number of scuba divers on TONMO :snorkel:. (that's more of a snorkel smiley, but you get me!) One of the best things about our community is that we've been live since May of 2000 :shock: :old: and so there's a ton of content to be found via our Search feature. @Tom Hlavac also posts actively about his GPO dive spot -- amazing stuff!

As for ocean conservation, our friends at MarineBio.org are a great resource, and it is run by @David Campbell (an avid scuba diver himself).

As I just mentioned in a separate post, I expect to implement some deeper cross-platform integrations in 2024, so maybe we can partner in relation to your FB group on ocean conversation and careers. It's a small world with big passions!

Thanks so much for the great info! I would love to collaborate with you via my "Ocean Conservation Action and Careers" facebook group! Just get in touch. I would love to connect your members to opportunities to take action to project our oceans and how to get into ocean conservation careers for those interested in that!

Hi Everyone. I am passionate about ocean conservation and cephalopods. At the top of my bucket list is learning how to scuba dive. Are there lots of scuba divers here? I have a natural resources degree, worked for National Wildlife Federation for 12 years, then moved on to leading the career office for graduate students in the environmental and sustainability fields. I have my own Green Career Advisor coaching practice helping people find and secure their dream green jobs to save the planet. I also run a facebook group on Ocean Conservation Actions and Careers to encourage people to take action on ocean conservation and for those interested in ocean conservation careers. Three ocean conservation issues that concern me greatly are proposals to start octopus farming (for food) on a large scale, deep sea mining, and climate change. I'd be interested to hear what ocean conservation issues concern other members here.
Welcome!!!

For me, inadequate access to education and opportunity is at the top of the list. Without that, I don't really see how any conservation issue can really be tackled effectively, for the long-term.

Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back