Hi from Teacher Kim in Salinas, California

Teacher Kim

GPO
Registered
Sorry the pictures are so poor, but at least you can see some features, etc. :smile:

Attachments

• conv_300252.jpg
    conv_300252.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 144

Teacher Kim

GPO
Registered
Last pic I have as of right now. Sorry, above is a obviously a double! Not sure how I did that!! :smile:

Attachments

• conv_300253.jpg
    conv_300253.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 126

Teacher Kim

GPO
Registered
Just in case anyone wonders, tank is sealed tight, set up in a low light area and I'm keeping artificial lighting to a minimum. There are currently some snails and hermit crabs in with it. I have offered it silversides and krill, but it has not accepted any yet. I remove any uneaten food and am checking water chemistry every other day right now just to be sure it stays stable.:smile:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
ok after the latest pictures I have no idea what kind of octo that is, I dont think Aculeatus now, it seems pretty large.

Welcome from another teacher! I teach kindergarten. It's hard to see, but are the middle two arms a lot longer than the rest of the arms? The middle two arms also appear thicker.

Teacher Kim

GPO
Registered
It's great to meet you! Interesting that you mentioned that. I will double check the next time it's out, but I definitely noticed that some tenticles appeared larger and/or longer than others. I just attributed it to the way it's able to manipulate it's body. Could that be a possible way to identify it? Thanks for taking the time to write!

Teacher Kim

GPO
Registered
I have put new pictures in the "Identify" section and will post on there from now on regarding species identification. Thanks! :smile:

Latest Posts