Hate mail for like-minded conservationists

Yawn...is that really the best you can do...? Maybe the reason you have soooo much time to post nonsense is because you have no friends, no fun, no life? No wonder !
greg

:alarm:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Yet another thread is locked.

Yes, there's a lot of anger and hostility here. Shame really. Welcome to my life.

To other TONMO'ers, I am sorry that one person has taken it upon himself to ruin everyone elses time online. This is not the way that adults behave.

Finger on button, 1, 2 ...

:sad: For anyone new to this thread, over the past few days there has been a flurry of activity on this and a number of related threads - and some not-so-pleasant stuff has been written about me/about conservation, and indeed I have retorted with some not-so-nice responses.

Well, for the first time on these science forums I believe (I could be wrong) we have had to remove a member, and delete all of his posts. I am sorry that this happened, for TONMO and for the member, as this new member probably did have something valuable to say, but didn't know how to express that in a constructive manner.

As a consequence of this the last dozen-or-so posts on this particular thread, an entire thread, and one other previously locked thread have had to be removed; to a newbie there might not be a lot of continuity between various posts, and this is unfortunate (it might not make a lot of sense) (and to those of you who are aware of events recently transpired, and the posts in question, I do apologise). Hopefully, as we say prior to Erich's last post, we can resume business in a peaceful and constructive manner. We don't have to agree in principle, but we're grown-up enough to know that aggression is not the solution to disagreement.

Peace to all
All TONMO moderators

...and especially now that Dr. Steve is all caught up on the correct use of "geek-speak" !
Too bad trollers have to show up and flame, eh, Herr Doktor ? :smile:
greg

After reading some of this thread, I couldn't help but be reminded of a bumper sticker I saw at a gun show:

"There's a place for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatos."

I love gunshows. Such a cultural experience. That sticker was right next to a couple that read:

Union 1
Confederacy 0
--------------
Halftime

and

"If 10% is enough for God, it ought to be enough for the IRS."

Ah..you should see what the other poeple have, I saw this bumber sticker that says Fungal which turns out to be FUN - GAL (as in girl.)
Ther was also one that was so racists that I'm not saying what the sticker says. Then my uncle used to have one that says, 'cross this line and I mash your brains...' Which he never stuck to his car, since he was such a slow driver..

cthulhu77 said:
Too bad trollers have to show up and flame, eh, Herr Doktor ? :smile: greg

It really does sadden me. Perhaps there should be some legislated compulsory course in environmental ethics. Then again, legislation shouldn't be required - it should be common sense. It's like me taking up a job killing cats and dogs, simply because it pays well. It's just not right.

I must admit, I am a rather antagonistic fellow when it comes to certain people. Perhaps I really did wind up our recent [metaphorical] troll; perhaps I'm partly to blame. I think I'll get over it, but I have drawn the curtains (and further inflamed the situation by modifying my signature).

Steve O'Shea said:
(and further inflamed the situation by modifying my signature).

If poeple can't get over with it because of some dumb signature, they better go and find the nearest bathtub and try and drown themselves.
Gosh, it's only a signature. :mad:

chrono_war01 said:
If poeple can't get over with it because of some dumb signature, they better go and find the nearest bathtub and try and drown themselves.
Gosh, it's only a signature. :mad:

Are you calling Steve's signature dumb??!?!?!?!?!?!

Dan :smile:

Idiots like that pop up from time to time...but their arguments are based in "fairy logic" and aren't worth a phiffle...best bet is to hit them hard and straight with facts and then ignore everything else they can come up with, which is usually a truck load of cr*p....glad the little troll is gone !
greg

p.s. yeah CW, what's wrong with O'Shea's signature????

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back