• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Gorilla Crabs and Bimac's

RCLasley

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hey guys!

So I received some live rock from KP Aquatics and in my daily routine of spending hours staring at the empty tank with live rock looking at how pretty it is I noticed movement from a crevice in the rock. Turns out we had a hitch hiker on the live rock and it appears to be a gorilla crab. In the process of trying to get my camera up to take a picture I must have spooked the little devil because he disappeared in the blink of an eye!

Will this crab make a good snack for my octopus when he/she gets here or should I try to remove and put in the sump? My initial google search has me panicking slightly over the thought it could hurt or be a toxic snack to my future octo

Tomh

Wonderpus
Sponsor
Hey guys!

So I received some live rock from KP Aquatics and in my daily routine of spending hours staring at the empty tank with live rock looking at how pretty it is I noticed movement from a crevice in the rock. Turns out we had a hitch hiker on the live rock and it appears to be a gorilla crab. In the process of trying to get my camera up to take a picture I must have spooked the little devil because he disappeared in the blink of an eye!

Will this crab make a good snack for my octopus when he/she gets here or should I try to remove and put in the sump? My initial google search has me panicking slightly over the thought it could hurt or be a toxic snack to my future octo
I would put it in your sump until you know the size of your Bimac? Besides depending on size of crab you may want to remove big claw before you feed it. Thanks

Latest Posts