• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

First presentation

great idea, D! :biggrin2:
Here's the pdf of my Power Point presentation of the twelve-minute talk. Please bear in mind that: 1) the target audience was a group not expected to know an octopus from an octagon, and 2) you do not get the benefit of my powerful and gripping narrative, just the outline on the slides.

Attachments

• Octopus Minds.pdf
    989.4 KB · Views: 9
Here's the pdf of my Power Point presentation of the twelve-minute talk. Please bear in mind that: 1) the target audience was a group not expected to know an octopus from an octagon, and 2) you do not get the benefit of my powerful and gripping narrative, just the outline on the slides.
Any suggestions or critique appreciated.

Gotta thank Tony for the newsletter mention, but must clear up a slight misunderstanding. Upon entering grad school in August, I had no major advisor, and was therefore enrolled as a “no major” student until I could find one, a process which happily ended this week.
In the interim, I enrolled in a research methods class and in University of North Texas’s ONLY marine biology class. For that class, I gave a presentation on “Octopus Minds”.
My background is actually in odonates (dragonflies and damselflies) and in aquatic macroinvertebrates as indicators of stream quality.
Under my new advisor, I’ll be working with the use of conservation corridors as tools for species diversity and habitat management. Will still be visiting TONMO regularly and reading the many octpusseran books you all have so kindly recommended. Thank you all.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Under my new advisor, I’ll be working with the use of conservation corridors as tools for species diversity and habitat management. Will still be visiting TONMO regularly and reading the many octpusseran books you all have so kindly recommended. Thank you all.
got it - that is insightful, and awesome- congrats on the new coursework, and we really appreciate you visiting and all your contributions to date :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak