• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Experienced Keeper seeking a Bimac

cephjedi

GPO
Registered
Hey Folks,

Long time member, but mostly lurker here. I've been working with octopuses for more than two decades, but I haven't had the pleasure of keeping a Bimac in a very long time. If anyone has a line on a supplier, I would love to know. I'm on the East coast of the US, so as Bimacs became more scarce, they became MUCH more scarce over here, lol.

If there was a choice, I'd prefer a `loides over a `latus, but I'm obviously in no position to be choosy. The last ocellated octopus I kept turned out to be a rather rare-ish caribbean species- O. hummelinki.

I have a custom-built tank ready to go that I specifically designed for our cephalopod friends, so I can be as spontaneous as needed.

Thanks in advance, and stay safe! - Jim

Very few have been offered for sale this year. When they are, it’s almost always
”loides”. Good luck on finding one. They are fun to have.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back