• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Euprymna scolopes

cephalopoder

Blue Ring
Registered
I have some Euprymna scolopes for sale if any one is interested. You can keep 2 in a 30galon no problem 1-2" sand bed and a red light for night time viewing. Very small the size of a grape. 70-73F Email me directly for more info. [email protected]

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Very nice! If I wasn't in the process of building a tank for a bimac, I would be interested...neat little cephs! Congratulations!
greg

lucky you, they they are those bob tail squid or something?
Too bad I live in Asia and nothing imports cephs here except for the local sushi shop

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
They are the Hawaiian Bobtail Squid - tiny little guys, adult size a little more than one inch. They are night active and they have a light organ.

Nancy

cephalopoder

Blue Ring
Registered
They are about the size of a grape, The small ones are the size of a coffee bean. Some mated last night and layed eggs this morning. They are extremely cool and very very hard to come by. They are very interesting to watch hunt with a red light on the tank. During the day, you can only see eyes sticking out of the sand. There are some more pics on my home page. I must say all though tiny, they are extremely exciting to watch. It blows your mind to have this tiny little squid hunting right before your eyes.
chris

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
hi chris.

have these been CB?

nice to see something else cephy out there

cephalopoder

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi colin
Eggs were laid today so it will be a couple of months before the captive reared ones are ready, provided all goes well. The ones I have for sale right now are wild caught and very small. Coffee bean size. And I must say they are very cute little cephs.
chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvianMan

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak