Euprymna scolopes

het ly friend don't panick :wink:! its only when rearing the juveniles that you need cylindrical. You can keep adults in rectangular tanks no problem. you just need athick layer of substrate for them to burry during the day.

Update:
Our first clutches of eggs started to hatch last night! They are small about the size of a BB. I will keep you up to date as things progress. We have many clutches of eggs with more being laid every day so this is going to be exciting!

Hi Chris
great news..... but what is a BB????? Hope its not something too obvious LOL

Guess BB guns (rifles) are specifically American - all the kids I grew up around had them. I shared the gun with my brother. And all the comic books had ads for Red Ryder BB guns.

Nancy

This is extremely exciting! They are really strong swimmers from birth.
They took 26 days to hatch at 72F. Hatching occured after complete darkness. The first clutch never hatched so these are from the second clutch. I am not sure what happend but we did some different things and that seemed to help. Hopefully the other clutches will hatch just as well.
I have some pics but they are sooooo small the pictures are not very good. I do have a cool film of a adult eyprymna snagging a high speed shrimp filmed under red lights. I also have lots of egg pictures. The clutches are coverd with sand by momma squid to give them a bit of camo. I will try to post more pics and a movie on my web site soon. I haven't had much time to up date it or work on it lately but will try and get to it soon.
chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing the details of this project! Hope this clutch does really well. Will look forward to pics of the little guys.

From your website, it looks like you're going into the breeding business in a big way.

Nancy

So far so good, hatching going on every day. The first ones are are growing and have doubled in size. They have lots of different foods and seem to be content.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back