• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

dwarf octo questions

oscer

Banned
Banned
hi im gettin a dwarf octo tomaro and i read a fax cheat on it and it says if they ink it will kill everythind in my tank yes or no? i also read that before they die u have to kill them out of the tank? yes or no if yes what is the easyest way to kill it. and how do i now when its old??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:cyclops::sleeping:

tywtly

GPO
Registered
ummm, you really shouldn't put an octo in a tank with other inhabitants. What are the other inhabitants? Also, I don't know who told you that you have to kill it, but that's incorrect and inhumane. The only way to know if it's old is to know when it was born, and their lifespan is only aound 6 months to a year, so you won't need to "kill it out". Also, again, if you have other inhabitants, then you're gonna have a dead octo or dead other things really quick, octos are solitary animals.

oscer;100197 said:
hi im gettin a dwarf octo tomaro and i read a fax cheat on it and it says if they ink it will kill everythind in my tank yes or no? i also read that before they die u have to kill them out of the tank? yes or no if yes what is the easyest way to kill it. and how do i now when its old??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:cyclops::sleeping:
Oh my...

Where did you receive this information?

Inking is bad, yes. My dwarf O. Mercatoris inked once or twice and it was hardly a significant amount, but you can syphon it out with airline tubing or any other clean hose. If you have a protein skimmer you shouldn't have to worry about it unless it's a lot.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Please read the articles (click on Articles above) before you get your octopus. I assume you have a tank cycled and ready, from what you say.

You never have to kill your octopus and, as mentioned, inking can be handled. You'll need a protein skimmer anyway, and that will take care of the ink.

Nancy

oscer

Banned
Banned
well i got the octo on ebay from an invert only fish store and i got a critter pack with the octo and he had them together???? i read the fax sheet here someone rote it.

Can you please post a link to that "fax sheet" so it can be corrected, or removed? Surely you misunderstood it if it was on this site. I can't see MISinformation like that being available on here.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneMom6800

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak