• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Dude, Pool tank

a rabid squid

GPO
Registered
wouldnt that be awesome to convert a pool into a tank and swim with your ceph friends. i want to do that and get a Humboldt squid. that would be amazing if you dont mind missing limbs!

just a What If
ive had a bunch of those today

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
We had one member that was pretty enthused about building a squid tank using a small pool...don't know whatever happened with that.
You might be able to do it with cuttles...?

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
:biggrin2: Hey, I think I remember you telling me this idea at the TONMOCON convention, right? Just drop some giant filter somewhere off the side... :mrgreen:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Actually, that is still a possibility...our yard is much larger than was expected...sooooo...:wink:

What about a hot tub? I used to work at a place that kept baby Elephant Seals in a converted hot tub. It was a rehabilitation center for seals and sea lions. Someone donated the hot tub to the center. If 15 elephant seals (ok, it was a little bit crowded at times...), then surely one cuttlefish could fit. :biggrin2:

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Swimming Pools!

Wow, that is my actual plan for sepia apama. I've had to nix the idea of having a trapdoor bridge spanning it like in "You Only Live Twice" though. What if the victims, er, guests had pennies in their pockets? Wouldn't want any copper near my cephs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Collins

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak