Dude, Pool tank

a rabid squid

GPO
Registered
wouldnt that be awesome to convert a pool into a tank and swim with your ceph friends. i want to do that and get a Humboldt squid. that would be amazing if you dont mind missing limbs!

just a What If
ive had a bunch of those today

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
We had one member that was pretty enthused about building a squid tank using a small pool...don't know whatever happened with that.
You might be able to do it with cuttles...?

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
:biggrin2: Hey, I think I remember you telling me this idea at the TONMOCON convention, right? Just drop some giant filter somewhere off the side... :mrgreen:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Actually, that is still a possibility...our yard is much larger than was expected...sooooo...:wink:

What about a hot tub? I used to work at a place that kept baby Elephant Seals in a converted hot tub. It was a rehabilitation center for seals and sea lions. Someone donated the hot tub to the center. If 15 elephant seals (ok, it was a little bit crowded at times...), then surely one cuttlefish could fit. :biggrin2:

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Swimming Pools!

Wow, that is my actual plan for sepia apama. I've had to nix the idea of having a trapdoor bridge spanning it like in "You Only Live Twice" though. What if the victims, er, guests had pennies in their pockets? Wouldn't want any copper near my cephs.