• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Diet recommendations for the next stage Cuttlefish

KD5054

Wonderpus
Registered
I am curious to others opinions on what they find to be the best food for cuttlefish at roughly a 4 months of age or so. They are big enough to handle small shrimp.
I have noticed that locally I can easily get glass shrimp. Species Palaemonetes paludosus I had been recommended that these can be used.
I have also found a distributor who is able to ship me Shore shrimp. Species: Palaemonetes vulgaris
The issue is there is quite a bit of a cost jump as I have to have the Shore Shrimp shipped.
Has anyone noticed a difference in a benefit of feeding one kind over the other. The shore shrimp is a true saltwater fish where as the glass shrimp is fresh. I figure to prefer to feed mostly the salt species but have been tossing around the idea of using the fresh as well to help with cost.
I am curious to others opinions.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back