• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

sourcing live food in Oregon.

Hello! This is my first post! I am in the process of doing initial research on cuttlefish husbandry. I plan on using a 75 gallon aquarium with live rock, macro algea, and I'm considering some of the easy keeping leather corals. I'm familiar with mainting reef tanks as well, LPS specifically. I'm looking forward to tapping into the experience of seasoned cuttlefish keepers. The first thing I would like to ask is if anyone on the PNW keeps cuttlefish and if they source local sand shrimp to feed them.

Welcome and thanks for joining! We've had many cuttle keepers over the years; @Thales is probably our most renowned (check out his articles, and others, if you haven't already -- here). Have you checked in with the good folks at the Seattle Aquarium? Good luck and keep us posted on your journey :thumbsup:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back