Cthonic Art

Tom, you're just awesome. After two of these that I did (Greg included), would you be willing to give your own speech, that I can help out at? I would much appreciate this take on cephs and art. Let me (520-298-7541) know.Boy would I like to assist, as opposed to lead.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Erich, I tend to clam up and become an idiot in front of a crowd -- would be happy to draw on the board.

I worked all day today, though it does not seem I have much to show for it: redid all the rivets, added a launch-trilobite sub, added shipwreck, doubloons and tentacle -- also some rust and extra detail.

Attachments

• conv_293876.jpg
    conv_293876.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 161
OK, one last version. I added a name to the ship as well as more shadowy arms in the murky darkness.'

Attachments

• conv_293877.jpg
    conv_293877.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 127
Another version -- I thought this thing should travel in either direction like real squids -- I think fast travel mode for the sub should be to the left -- control surfaces would swivel 180º when changing travel modes.

Attachments

• conv_293904.png
    conv_293904.png
    228 KB · Views: 155
I am going to have the USS Squidward attacking a crab sub -- very rough stand-in in picture for now.

Attachments

• conv_293905.jpg
    conv_293905.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 122
"One thing though", added Olaf "Dirty Spoon" Blaauw, "why is the squid sub's shadow indicative of an arrow squid, whereas the actual fin shape appears sepia like?"

ob;133136 said:
"One thing though", added Olaf "Dirty Spoon" Blaauw, "why is the squid sub's shadow indicative of an arrow squid, whereas the actual fin shape appears sepia like?"

I dunno! I envision the fins to be like rounded arrowheads. Maybe the perspective is not quite right on the edge view.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back