Attachments

• conv_293329.jpg
    conv_293329.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 134
  • conv_293330.png
    conv_293330.png
    324.6 KB · Views: 112
OctoPussyAZ;126811 said:
Does anyone own the Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath Comic? I am curious to see more of it. There are some pics online.

I think I have some, but not all, issues of the comic, I'll see if I can dig them up...

- M

monty;126815 said:
I think I have some, but not all, issues of the comic, I'll see if I can dig them up...

- M

Yeah, I have issues 3,4,5 of 5 of the Jason Thompson adaptation. It's not really my favorite style... I vastly prefer your moon-beasts.

Thanks for the kind words, Monty.

I tried adding a skull and bones in the front crater -- can't decide if it's hackneyed. The moon men are eaters of humans, so it makes sense.

Attachments

• conv_293331.jpg
    conv_293331.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 102
I like the skull and bones, the only problem is that now it takes center stage in the piece...which is kind of eerie in an interesting way. The moonbeasts become part of the fabric of the backround, creepy neat.

I agree with Greg, you eye goes to the skull and you kind of miss a lot of the more interesting parts. Maybe not in the center or bones but no skull?

Not sure -- might just take 'em out. I am sketching a new one now, featuring a couple of the good folk of Innsmouth sacrificing a fisherman before their Dagon altar. (very rough)

Attachments

• conv_293339.jpg
    conv_293339.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 97
Lost Steam on Dagon

I lost my steam on doing the Dagon with Deep Ones image -- part of my problem with Lovecraft, I find (and I am sure others here feel the same), he spent so much time delineating the 'horror' of these alien things, when most of us are really thinking 'How cool! beautiful too!' So I was coming up short on making the Deep Ones look evil instead of just interesting!

Anyway, I am doing the linework on an angler fish that lives in parks, and lures little boys into the water with its tricycle-shaped nose lure.

Now THAT'S funny AND creepy! I really hope the fish barfs up that lollypop -- he could get diabetes!

Oh, could someone assist me with Latin nomenclature? I named it 'Shallow Water Child Eater,' and from a Latin translation site I cobbled together 'vadumundus parvulophagus' -- dunno if that's any good.

--Added second stateof sketch this morning, Thursday--

Attachments

• conv_293560.jpg
    conv_293560.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 119

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back