• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Cowrie/Cowry Tank Mate

Hey has anyone ever had one of these fellas in there tank with an octo

any probs

anyone know what they eat, having difficulty finding info on them.

cheers

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
any idea what species scouse? is it the money cowrie?

oh god so many questions!!! lol

dunno saw one in the lfs an thought thats what them shells come from an the fellla said it eats algae so....i want one!!

but gotta be sensible, will have a little more research an come back to you with some pics

im lost on this one...keep seein them in shops but dunno what kind they are an cant find anywhere that has pic's

found cowrie pics on a shell website but not sure if they are money ones...they were mainly white.

ones i have saw have been quite leopard skin patterned

anyone got a webpage address with pic's on it??

cheers

Durrrr found one!!!

http://www.seashellcity.com/seashells/cowrieshells.html

its a tiger cowrie are these ok anyone had one or any cowrie at all??

:alarm: Possible Danger :alarm:

Looks like the venomous one that I picked off the sea floor when I just got my Open Water Scuba Qualification. I almost got killed in the encounter, my adive: Don't go anything that lookd like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conor Henry

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak