Cheap Fiddler Crab

Spence24

GPO
Registered
Ya, I love how a pet store charges 4 dollar's for a single crab. I would probably die if it wasn't for acs.

AquaForce

Blue Ring
Registered
$4 ?thats extortion!!!!! I sell them for 50 cents a piece..... ( but i get them from a good friend who runs a bait and tackle shop )

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Spence24;107087 said:
Ya, I love how a pet store charges 4 dollar's for a single crab. I would probably die if it wasn't for acs.

Because thats the price they have determined that they need to sell them at to make a profit. :biggrin2:

Spence24

GPO
Registered
Thales;107098 said:
Because thats the price they have determined that they need to sell them at to make a profit. :biggrin2:
rofl ya, I wonder what the price margin is their.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Depends on the source. Locally, if you pick up fiddlers at a wholesaler, they sell for about a dollar. If you have them delivered it costs more. So, 4 may be a little high, but not to bad considering the overhead that comes with a live animal to the public business.

Spence24

GPO
Registered
I guess if your only buying one as a pet, my sister keeps one in a gallon tank on her nightstand, it would be o.k. to par 4 dollar's a crab... but when you need 4-10 or even more a month you have to either go strait to the source or find someone that doesn't have such a high overhead.